Pernahkah anda menerima sebuah email seperti di bawah ini?
From: COCA COLA (email@example.com)
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The prestigious Coca Cola Bottling Company wishes to notify you that your email has been selected luck winner of awarded £750,000.00 Great British Pounds on our 126 Years Anniversary 1886 – 2012 (Global Poverty Eradication Programme). send your information via email: email@example.com
Apakah benar isi email tersebut?
Status: Tidak Benar
Our Response: The Coca-Cola Company is in no way associated with these emails, text messages, letters, unauthorized websites or programs. We are not a sponsor and our name and trademarks are used here without permission.
This appears to be a form of fraud known as “phishing,” wherein perpetrators attempt to develop relationships with victims in order to obtain personal and financial information. Common signs that a message may be a part of an email scam or phishing campaign include:
- Spelling and grammatical errors in the email;
- Improper use of company trademarks;
- Sender’s use of free, non-corporate email accounts (such as Yahoo!, AOL and Hotmail);
- Requests for personal information and the promise of quick financial gain.
Overall, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Do not reply to these text messages, emails or letters with any information.
If you have already responded to this type of text message, email or letter, we recommend that you immediately discontinue all communications with the source and contact your local and/or federal authorities for advice on how to proceed to protect your personal information and privacy.
Dan berikut ini link untuk mengetahui berbagai email penipuan yang mengatasnamakan Coca-Cola: Email and Internet Scams
Please carefully review the following Scam-O-Matic results:
- The following phrases should put you on alert:
“0,000.00 great british pounds”:
they want you to be blinded by the prospect of quick money, but the only money that ever changes hands in 419 scams is from you to the criminals
- This email lists free webmail addresses. Besides personal use for legitimate purposes, use of such addresses is also typical for scams. NOTE: Lotteries, banks, government agencies and any but the smallest of companies do not normally use such addresses. Criminals use them to anonymously send and receive email at Internet cafes.
firstname.lastname@example.org (Financier; can be used from anywhere worldwide)
- The message you submitted has been saved for later investigations, but I can’t give you a definite answer about it at the moment. If you have received multiple connected messages, try submitting either the very first message or (if you just did that) some later messages as well. Make sure to leave an email address where we can contact you, in case we find more information about this. To get a response from human experts, please post the suspect email message in the online forum of Fraudwatchers.org. Please also see our 419 FAQ. Remember: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
You did not leave your email address, therefore we will not be able to contact you if we find out any more information about this. Please either use the back button of your browser to go back and resubmit your query (with a contact email address) or ask your question in the Fraudwatchers.org forum.
Once you have received any scam emails, it means the scammers know your email address. You will probably receive further scam emails. Therefore we recommend that you bookmark http://www.scamomatic.com (Ctrl+D) in your web browser for when you may need it again.
DISCLAIMER: While we try to give appropriate advice in the greatest number of cases, we must decline responsibilty for any mistakes that may occur. We encourage you to do your own research on the internet (for example, search on Google) and using other information sources. Get informed, talk to people you trust (your family, friends, your bank, local police) and then act accordingly.
Kesimpulan: email berantai ini bukan berasal dari pihak Coca-Cola. Ini merupakan contoh SCAM.
Saran kami, jika anda menerima email seperti ini bacalah secara cermat keterangan pengirim dan isi pesannya. Ada baiknya jika anda menelusuri via internet atau bertanya kepada keluarga atau rekan anda mengenai isi email tersebut. Jika anda membalas email penipuan ini, bisa saja keterangan pribadi anda disalahgunakan.